TRIP GIVEAWAY OFFICIAL RULES
1. Introduction. NO PURCHASEIS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OR ODDS OF WINNING. THE CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW OR WHERE ANY REGISTION OF THE CONTEST IS REQUIRED BY THE SPONSOR.THE CONTEST SHALL BE SUBJECT TO THESE OFFICAL RULES AND BY ENTERING ALL ENTRANTS AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
2. Eligibility. To be eligible, an entrant must be eighteen (18) years of age or older. The contest is open only to legal residents of the United States (excluding residents of Puerto Rico, Guam, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and all other United States territories and possessions and overseas military installations).UNLIMITEDENTRY PER HOUSEHOLD (ONE PER DAY). Members, managers, shareholders, directors, officers, and employees of the Sponsor and each of their respective parent organization(s), subsidiaries, affiliated companies and agents, and each of their respective immediate family (defined as parents, spouse, children, siblings and grandparents), and all individuals with whom such individuals or parties live, whether or not related, are NOTELIGIBLE TO ENTER THE contest OR WIN.
3. Sponsor. The Runa Trip Giveaway (the “Contest”) is sponsored and administered by Runa, LLC (the Sponsor or Administrator).
4. Timing. The Contest begins on June 13th, 2013 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”), ends on August 23, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Contest Period”) and consists of two (2) phases. The judging phase begins August 24, 2013 at 12:00p.m. ET and ends August 30th at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Judging Period”).Sponsor is the official timekeeper for this Contest.ANY ENTRIES RECEIVED AFTER THE Contest Period WILL BE DEEMED INVALID, DISQUALIFIED AND NULL, VOID AND OF NO EFFECT.
5. How to Enter:
a. Social Media: During the Contest Period, use the Instagram, Facebook or Twitter application on your mobile device and follow the links and instructions to take a photo that best showcases your best “Inner Super Hero” including a Runa bottle, can or logo (the “Photo”) referred to as your submission (“Submission”). Upload your Photo to Runa’sInstagram (@drinkruna) or twitter (@drinkruna) account and include the hashtag “#superleaf”. Any Photo that does not include the hashtag #superleaf andwill not be considered for entry into the Contest.
b. Email: To enter without having an Instagram or Twitter application, during the Submission Phase, email one (1) photo that showcases your best “inner super hero” (the “Photo”) referred to as your submission (“Submission”) to [email protected]. Your email must include the words “Inner Super Hero”. You will receive one (1) entry into the Contest.
By uploading your Submission, you agree that your Submission conforms to the Photo Guidelines and Content Restrictions as defined below (collectively, the “Guidelines and Restrictions”) and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may remove your Submission and disqualify you from the Contest if it believes that your Submission fails to conform to the Guidelines and Restrictions or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules.
All entries must be received by the Sponsor by the end of the Contest Period. All entries become the sole property of Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned.
6. Winner Determination: During the Judging Phase, a panel of qualified judges determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion will select the five (5) entrants with the highest-scoring Submissions from among all eligible Submissions based on the following criteria (“Judging Criteria”):
After the Sponsor has determined the five (5) highest-scoring Submissions, the public will be able to vote for their favorite photo at www.runa.org/tripgiveawayduring the Judging Period. People may vote one time for their favorite photo. The Submission with the most votes wins at the end of the Judging Period.
7. Prize. One (1) Grand Prize winner and one (1) guest will receive the following prize package: Round trip economy flight from US to Quito, Ecuador, lodging accommodations for seven consecutive nightsat various locations; transportation to and from Mariscal Sucre International Airport; all meals (excluding alcoholic beverages); guided tours and activities, which may include Andes Mountains Tour, Guayusa Tour, Guayusa Ceremony, Rafting, Jungle Hikes, Canyoning, and Quito Tour. The dates of the Prize trip shall be mutually agreed upon by Sponsor and the winner. Travel must be completed on or before August 30st 2014 [within twelve (12) months following notification]. All Prize components must be redeemed during one trip. The estimated value of the Prize is $2930.00THE PRIZE DOES NOT INCLUDE: TRAVEL INSURANCE, NECESSARY VACCINATIONS, OR ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES, ALL OF WHICH SHALL BE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. THE PRIZE MAY ALSO BE SUBJECT TO, BUT DOES NOT INCLUDE, ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND ANY FOREIGN TAXES ON THE PRIZE, WHICH SHALL BE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. The Prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be made except at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. The itinerary for the Prize trip shall be determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Prize or components thereof for one of equal or greater value (including the stipulated cash value of the Prize) for any reason.
8. Entry Conditions and Release. The potential winner must have a passport, valid for at least six months following the date of travel completion. The potential winner may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release, and a Publicity Release, within fourteen (14) days of notification. If so requested, in the event that a potential winner fails to return said documents within said fourteen (14) day period, the potential winner will be disqualified and the Submission with the second highest number of votes (the “Runner-up) will receive the Prize.Decisions regarding eligibility are final. BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, EACH ENTRANT AGREES THAT THE SPONSOR, ADMINISTRATOR AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT ORGANIZATIONS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND ALL OF THEIR RESPECTIVE MEMBERS, MANAGERS, SHAREHOLDERS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS (EACH A “RELEASEE” AND COLLECTIVELY THE “RELEASEES”), WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND HEREBY RELEASES EACH RELEASEE FROM, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION CLAIMS FOR PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, AND/OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, DUE IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF A PRIZE AND/OR THE ENTRY OR PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST.
9. Publicity. Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions, and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration. Entrants also agree to receive promotional materials from Sponsor’s email list, which participants can unsubscribe from at any time.
10. General Conditions. Administrator assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, communications failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Administrator is not responsible for late, lost, illegible, incomplete, stolen, or misdirected entries.If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, or if the Contest or any website associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper playing of the Contest and processing of entries in accordance with these Official Rules, or if infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions of entrants, fraud, technical failures or any other causes, in the Administrator’s sole opinion, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, the Administrator reserves the right, in the Administrator’s sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest or any portion thereof. No more than the stated number of Prizes will be awarded. These Official Rules are subject to all federal, state and local laws. Void where prohibited.
11. Disputes. In the event of a dispute, the Sponsor’s decision is final. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process. Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, of any prizes awarded, other than those concerting the administration of the Contest or the determination of the winner, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any and all disputes, claims and caused of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded shall be resolved exclusively by the Untied States District Court or the appropriate New York State Court located in New York County, New York; (iii) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associates with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iv) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO ALL ENTRANTS.
12. Governing Law. This Contest, these Official Rules,any and all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretationand enforceability of these Official Rules, and any and all disputes arising out of, or related to, this Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, without regard to any choice of law or conflict of law rules.
14. Name of Prize Winner.You may obtain the name of the Prize winner by mailing a written request within 30 days of the end of each monthly Contest entry period to:
Attn: Runa Trip Giveaway
33 Flatbush Avenue, 5th Floor
Brooklyn, NY 11217
Day 1– Arrival
Pm: Airport Pickup and Transfer to hotel in Quito
Accommodation: Hotel Quito
Day 2 – Andes Mountains
Am: Drive through Andes Mountains and fish for trout to eat at lunch!
Pm: Hike through Cayambe National Park, Visit Papallactaand relax in the hot springs.
Accommodation: Runa House in Tena, Ecuador(Casa Runa)
Day 3 – Guayusa Tour and Jungle Hike
Am: Presentation on Runa, Tour of Guayusa Factory and Nurseries
Pm: Jungle hike in Colonso protected forest
Accommodation: Spend the night in an indigenous community. Our host families are some of the most loving and kind people in the world. Having the opportunity to stay with a family will give the winner a chance to sample local cuisine, hear myths about Kichwa culture, fall asleep under the canopy of the Amazon, and awake with the sound of the rainforest coming alive.
Day 4 – Guayusa Ceremony and Harvest Guayusa
Am: Guayusa Ceremony: The day will begin with a steeping hot gourd of guayusa and the closeness that is shared among family and friends as they sip on this ancient beverage and ready themselves for the day.
Pm: Runa will take the winner to harvest and/or plant guayusa trees in the Amazon.
Accommodation: Runa House (Casa Runa)
Day 5 – Rafting and Jungle Hike
Am: Rafting: Tena is major hub for rafting in Ecuador. There are a variety of routes and levels of excitement to choose from depending on how adventurous the winner is feeling.
Pm: Jungle Hike: Hiking through the Amazon is an experience like none other. It is a chance to hike deep into the unknown and take a moment to refresh and rejuvenate.
Accommodation: Rustic Jungle Cabins
Day 6 – Canyoning
Am: Waterfall Canyoning
Pm: Cando Lake
Evening: Guayusa Cocktails and Salsa Class
Afterward a pow-wow with the Runa team to share videos, photos, etc for official travel log to be shared on Runa.
Accommodation: Runa House (Casa Runa)
Day 7 – Quito
Am: Drive to Quito
Pm: Explore Historic Part of Quito,
Accommodation: Hotel, Quito
Day 8 – Fly Home <br/ >